Monday, December 22, 2008

When contemplating what path to take, our minds are usually inundated with visions of greatness, and illusions of grandeur. It is a sad day when we realize that we are among many others who have these vision yet we are going to live a seemingly meaningless and futile life.

After realizing that our dreams are not going to come true, we try to make since of the life that we are "stuck" with . We try and bargain with our dreams, make up reasons why they weren't valid and why our failure to pursue or achieve them is not a fault of our own making.

The fact of the matter is only the lucky few, have a dream and are able to achieve it. Be it by birthright, hard work or even luck, very few people are able to say that the dream that they had for there future, became a reality. Many will argue, they will say they are completely content. Most are not content, they have just settled.

I have recently come upon the conclusion that my life is not destined for greatness, you won't see me on t.v., or read my name in books. I am part of the equestrian crowd, a nameless face ina group shot. I am you. 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'll be sure to let you know when I figure myself out.